About 6 months ago Francis and I made a commitment to shop more from local businesses and creators. This means that we’re buying less, but spending a little more to support local shops.
It all started when I noticed that Sienna’s closet was stuffed full with clothes that I had gotten on sale. Some of them she liked, but others that she didn’t even want to wear. I was shopping for quantity over quality. Since focusing less on the price and more on quality, being conscious of our carbon footprint, and supporting local moms and business owners, we’ve noticed a greater appreciation for our stuff.
Are we shopping 100% local? No. But we’re definitely making steps in the right direction. So this Christmas I’m encouraging everyone I know to check out locally made products first when hunting out that perfect gift. If you’re not sure , Etsy is a good place to start. It’s a great way to search, browse, and get ideas all in one place.
To help you get started with some Christmas gift ideas, I’m sharing a few of my favourite items all made right here in Canada. Keep an eye out for a gift guide a day for the next 3 days, followed by an exciting giveaway.
- Let her show off her unique personality with this Life is Rad shirt from Locomotive Clothing, located in Vancouver., BC
- Don’t let her walk around with a naked phone. Dress it up with a sexy case like this wood and lace designed Mandala phone case from The Mad Case, located in Kelowna, BC.
- Give her the gift of rejuvinated and revitalized skin with the Good Morning Beautiful face mist from Happy Spritz, located in Vancouver BC & California. They are also passionate about giving back to animal rescue organizations.
- You can never go wrong with giving a little bling at Christmas. I love this easy to wear layered pendant from JQ Vancouver, located in Vancouver BC.
- I don’t think I can put into words how amazingly beautiful, soft, and comfortable the chunky throw blankets are from Top Knot Style, located in Edmonton, AB.
What are some of your favourite local shops? I’d love to check them out.